The Performance Campaign: Produce the successful sale of your property
This progressive plan is designed to enable you and me, working together, to attract and impress ready, willing and able buyers.
As we begin our Seller/Realtor relationship, I give you my personal commitment to direct communication regarding the status of your property.
My communication with you will be honest. Sometimes people, Realtors included, will tell you what you want to hear. I will tell you what you need to hear. You may not always like it, but it's the only way to effectively conduct the sale of your property. Furthermore, I expect the same from you. If you are not happy about something that I am doing, please tell me! I cannot improve my service to you if I don't know what I'm not doing.
The guiding objectives will be to:
1. Identify and implement marketing activities and resources, which will engage the most relevant buyer population.
2. Keep you informed and advised.
3. Secure for you the highest realistic price within the timeframe you prescribe.
4. Manage every aspect of the transaction, to give the best assurance of an unimpeded closing.
The detailed plan follows. Please consult with me if you have any questions or concerns, either now or at any time as we progress.
What do we do to sell your home?
My marketing plan is designed every step of the way to assure your property receives maximum exposure. I pride myself on being a "marketing" agent and not just a "listing" agent. As a result, Progressive Real Estate and Investment has broken the sales process down into 79 steps in 3 stages...
Stage 1: Preparation
1. Initial contact and telephone consultation. Set appt. to meet.
2. Research tax records to verify full and complete legal information is available to prospective buyers and buyer's agents on MLS printout.
3. Compare comparable properties. Include active, sold, withdrawn, expired (did not sell) and under contract properties.
4. Review Ownership and Encumbrance Report.
5. Preview active competition.
6. Tour the home with seller.
7. Ask Seller questions about the property and themselves, to learn how to better serve and provide helpful information if needed.
8. Provide Home Audit to suggest constructive changes to your home, to make it more appealing, to show exceptionally well and help it to yield the greatest possible price to an interested buyer.
9. Provide you with home showing guidelines, to help have the home prepared for appointments. 10. Obtain and verify accurate methods of contacting the Sellers.
11. Gather additional information to help assess the Seller's needs.
12. Assess the Seller's timing.
13. Assess Seller's motivation.
14. Address the Seller's immediate concerns and any questions they have.
15. Discuss Seller's purchase plans and determine whether David's team can assist them in their next purchase, or if we can research and find a qualified agent to assist the Sellers in their new location.
16. Provide Seller with relocation information if needed.
17. Obtain information that will help David and his team to prepare the listing, advertising and marketing materials. Questions will include: What type of improvements have you done to your house in the past five years? What other features of your home make it attractive to buyers? What do you think the home is worth? How much do you owe on the property?
18. Prepare seller by instructing them to gather home information: Encourage Seller to have copy of deed available. Encourage Seller to have a current tax bill available. Encourage Seller to have two sets of keys ready. One set of keys will be inserted in the lockbox; the other set will be kept at David's office, in case there is ever a problem with the first set. Encourage Seller to have a copy of their title policy and survey available if they have them.
19. Discuss detailed marketing plan with seller-details in section 2.
20. Measure home/rooms for MLS printout or obtain from assessor's office.
21. Using the information gathered in the initial meeting and tour of the subject's property, David will then do research to determine the market value of the property.
22. Call agents, if needed, to discuss activity on the comparable properties they have listed in the area.
23. Review again the sales activity in the neighborhood and surrounding areas to find the best comparables for the property.
24. Prepare an equity analysis to show seller expenses, closing costs and net proceeds.
25. Explain the use of the (SPDS) Seller Property Disclosure Statement that you will complete, this will be presented to the buyer of your home. This will help you avoid devastating setbacks and preserve your legal rights.
26. Enter into the Colorado Real Estate Commission approved Right-to-Sell Agreement. Finalize price and commission structure, showing instructions for buyer's agents and inclusions to the sale, if any.
27. Seller(s) complete the accompanying documents including property disclosure, square footage disclosure, lead paint disclosure (if necessary).
28. Assemble appropriate supportive materials-covenants, controls, restrictions, HOA info, schools, etc.
Stage 2: Marketing and Listing the Property
29. Take full color, digital photographs of the inside and outside of your home for marketing flyers, advertisements and the Internet.
30. Have the photographer take "virtual" tour photos of up to 4 rooms/areas in the property.
31. Place "for sale" sign; lock box and brochure box on property.
32. Set up showing instructions with centralized showings (www.showings.com), open 7 days a week, where buyer agents can set showings online 24 hours a day.
33. Electronically submit your home listing information to the Boulder Multiple Listing Service for exposure to over 3,000 active real estate agents in the Boulder Multiple List Service Area.
34. Immediately submit digital photos of the interior and exterior of your home to the MLS at the same time the listing is input, allowing buyers and agents to view pictures when narrowing down homes they will actually tour.
35. Submit the listing to ListHub for maximum internet exposure on dozens of real estate portals and websites including Google Base, Yahoo Real Estate, AOL Real Estate, trulia, zillow, oodle, local.com, openhouse.com, erealinvestor and more.
36. Download property photos and virtual tour and description to www.realtor.com, www.coloproperty.com and http://www.progressivehomesearch.com.
37. Set up home Warranty, if you choose to protect your home during listing period and for 12 months after the sale, to reassure buyer of the quality of your home.
38. Write remarks within the MLS system specifying how you want the property to be shown.
39. Search the MLS System for Realtors most likely working with interested and capable buyers matching your home, then fax or email copies of your home listing information for them to review immediately.
40. Maximize showing potential through professional signage. Progressive Real Estate and Investment has an instantly recognizable logo and sign.
41. Create a property brochure of features and lifestyle benefits of your home for use by buyer agents showing your home.
42. Set up a 24-hour 800# hotline message for your home to allow buyers to access your information at their convenience, morning, noon and night. (For some properties)
43. Give home unique ID # to allow information on home to be accessed 24 hours, 7 days a week - also allowing our Team to track and record interest on home from different sources and publications.
44. Use other marketing techniques; such as offering free reports to multiply chances of buyers calling in, discussing, pre-qualifying for and touring your home.
45. Prepare the Homeowner's Information Sheet, which includes information on utilities and services the buyer will need to know when transferring after closing.
46. Prepare a financing sheet with several financing plans to educate buyers on methods to purchase your home.
47. Create a custom "Home Marketing Book" to be placed in your home for buyers & buyer's agents, to reference home features, area map, plat/lot map, floor plan (if available), tax information, and other possible buyer benefits.
48. Advertise home to my VIP buyers, as well as, all qualified buyers in my database.
49. Deliver copies of advertisements and marketing material of your home to you for your review.
50. Promote your home to top Realtors in Boulder area Real Estate Offices.
51. Log in all home showings to keep record of marketing activity and potential purchasers.
52. Follow up with all the agents who have shown your home via email, showing report, and voice mail to answer questions. They may have received feedback on price or anything we need to do further, to make the home more saleable.
53. Send a personalized postcard to residents in your immediate neighborhood promoting the features and lifestyle benefits of your home. Often neighbors know of friends or family members who are thinking of moving into the neighborhood.
54. Call you weekly to update you on market conditions, new listings in the area or other competition, and any showings or interest the property may have had.
55. Pre-qualify all buyers whom our Team will bring to your home before showings, to avoid wasting your time with unqualified showings and buyers.
56. Discuss qualifications of prospective buyers to help determine buyer motivation, ability to purchase and probability of closing on the sale.
57. Provide Open Houses with a licensed Realtor at your request.
58. Handle paperwork if price adjustment needed.
59. Other marketing: newspaper display ads, open house ads, line ads.
Stage 3: Contract, Negotiation and Service throughout the Transaction
60. Receive Offer (if coming from another agent) and review important details of contract to determine best negotiating position.
61. I will be available to present all offers to you personally (if geography allows) if you desire it.
62. I will keep up on market conditions so that I can provide you with sound advice when considering an offer.
63. Educate and explain all aspects of the sales contract.
64. Prepare all counter-proposals, if necessary.
65. Qualify all purchasers to the best of my ability and make contact with the buyers' lender to monitor loan progress.
66. Negotiate highest price and best terms for you and your situation.
67. Coordinate and explain to you any lead based paint, Water Testing, and/or follow up with attorney that may be required.
68. Verify earnest money deposit.
69. Evaluate the need for continued marketing based on the nature and strength of the contract, and consult with you as to the advisability of seeking back-up offers.
70. Order the title work from the title company, including payoff requirements.
71. Coordinate scheduling of appraisal and supply comparable sales if needed.
72. Coordinate scheduling of Home Inspection with other REALTOR and handle contingencies if any.
73. Coordinate and review with you, any buyer requested inspections, and assist cooperating agent with any problems that may arise relative to your home and the sale.
74. Negotiate any inspection issues and objections with buyer's agent.
75. Coordinate financing, final inspections, closing and possession activities on your behalf to help ensure a smooth closing.
76. Set up Final Walk through your home for buyers and their agent.
77. Assist in scheduling the closing date for you and all parties.
78. Review settlement documents and final numbers for accuracy.
79. Arrange possession and transfer of home (keys, warranties, garage door openers, community pool keys, mail box keys, educate new owners of garbage days/recycling, mail procedures etc).
My goal is to provide service to clients beyond their expectations so that they will refer me to their friends and acquaintances without hesitation. This includes being available after closing for any questions and concerns you may have.
This is my marketing program outlining what I will do for you and my commitment to you. I will work hard to represent you in the prompt sale of your home at the best possible price. When and only when you have received the proceeds from the sale of your home do I receive payment for my services.
What else can I do for you? I am satisfied only if you are. Please tell me if there is anything else you would like included in the marketing of your home, or other concerns you have.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
All our contracts come with an opt-out clause if you are not happy with our service.